Wednesday, March 28, 2007
V-8 Splash!
One of the problems of shopping at a high-traffic department store is that you never know who has touched your product before you've bought it or who has tried it on. There are always little kids everywhere touching everything. I'm actually one of those moms that tries really very hard to keep her child's hands from touching everything in the store and on the shelves. I hate him running his hands all along the clothes and items on the shelves. The "you break it: you buy it" signs are enough for me to be vigilant in watching my child's hands. Unfortunately, my good streak ended a couple of days ago. I had gone three years without an accident. Matt wanted a treat after dinner, and so we went to Wal-Mart to look for some cookies. As we were standing there looking at the cookies on the shelves, I heard a sudden thud followed by something wet on my pant leg. Sure enough, Jackson had knocked down a jug of V-8 Splash, and the contents were streaming down the aisle. Luckily a stocker was in the next aisle over (it seems you can never find a Wal-Mart employee when you need one). We got someone to clean it up, and we never could find the lid. So, parents beware and take care in getting comfortable and trusting your children -- it's way too dangerous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
did they make you pay for it?
ReplyDeleteNo -- thank goodness! The lady was actually really nice about it.
ReplyDeleteSounds sticky. I thought those containers were plastic!
ReplyDelete