Thursday, April 12, 2007

What a Boy Wants

I've decided that all little boys need are a stick, a ball, and some water. Last week we took Jackson and Matt's mom and sisters to Bridal Veil Falls to walk around and enjoy nature. Jackson loved tromping through the water and picking up rocks and sticks. Since his shoes are old, and I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can buy sandals, his socks soaked up all the water they could handle and then a little more. When we got back to the car, Jackson had a stick in hand. Matt's sister said that he kept licking it -- oh, joy! all the nature you can get!



In the picture below, notice Jackson's shoe well under the water.
Immediately following our outing to the Falls, we drove to a mini-golf course just outside the mouth of the canyon. Since Jackson socks were soaked, we rolled them up in the window to "dry out" while we drove the 5 miles to golf. While we were mini-golfing (Jackson's first time), he decided to stick his golf club in the water hazard, followed by his foot, and then he just slid the rest of the way in. Like good parents, Matt and I started laughing hysterically while Grandma Ruth pulled him out. I made sure to get a picture of Jackson soaked.


(He did love to hit his golf ball around for the first little while and chase it. Then he decided to hit everyone else's golf balls, too.)

1 comment:

  1. In addition to the stick and water, I think duct tape, pots and pans, will keep kids entertained for hours! Cute pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!