Wednesday, September 5, 2007
I love a good thunder/lightning/rain storm. It always seems to clear the air, and something about lightning and thunder is intriguing. Of course, lightning is very scary up close. I remember on a family trip as we were driving between Baton Rouge and New Orleans lightning struck in the median on the freeway not ten feet from our car. Deafening and bright is how I'd describe it. My ten year old brother (at the time) was scared, but the rest of us thought it was pretty awesome. In Virginia a few years ago while visiting my in-laws, we watched the most magnificent lightning show I'd ever seen. Spider wed-like lightning raced across a pink sky. Very neat. This morning we woke up to the thunder. We've opened the windows, and I'm enjoying the rain sounds outside. Once upon a time when I was very little I was scared, but now it's therapeutic. I guess my feelings would change if it started flooding . . . better count my blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!