Monday, October 22, 2007

Jack-O-Lantern

Tonight for FHE, we decided to carve a pumpkin since this is the first year Jackson would really remember anything. Two years ago when we tried to carve pumpkins with our friends, Jackson and Isaac preferred to run across the tarp laid out in our Wymount living room. They wouldn't come near the pumpkins. This year, Jackson got brave and stuck his hand in the top of the pumpkin - barely. The stuff inside according to him was, "really, really, really yucky." He didn't, however, have a problem drawing the face on the pumpkin. I had to give him a few pointers about what should come next: eyes and nose. I drew the mouth. You can see the before carved-pumpkin here:

We decided to carve what Jackson drew, as it was "his" pumpkin this year. You can see that I have a future best-selling artist in my midst.
To me the masterpiece resembles E.T. -- a true Halloween frightmare!

9 comments:

  1. I think the pumpkin looks great! Way to go Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pumpkin and how neat that he designed it himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big eye and the little eye. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our phone hasn't worked for a week. It's an internal/cable thing I guess. Someone's coming to fix it at 10 today. I'll call you when it starts working again. I haven't even been able to check messages. it's so annoying! So I'm not ignoring you. I still need help with my project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pumpkin. Jackson did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that pumpkin looks like Bubs from Homestarrunner.
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/vcr_bubs.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Lisa. I hadn't even thought of Bubs, and I do believe you're right!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!