Thursday, November 1, 2007

King, Radiation, and Witch

It's a day or so late, but here's our Halloween outcome. First up, King Jackson. He loves to pretend to be a king, so the costume was easy to figure out. I didn't spend any money on his costume as I had all the material, ribbon, paint, tin foil, sequins, and poster-board I needed. And the best part -- no face paint! (I have to say that's the biggest pain of putting on a child's costume is if you have to paint his face.)Matt had a blast planning the Trunk's decorations for the ward trunk or treat. Since it was dark, it was hard getting a good picture. He used glow sticks in the bucket for a green glow, and we gave out Warheads. He had the hazard lights on the car blinking, and he had made stencils with hazard symbols that covered the tail lights. If you can't tell, he's using tongs to pull the candy out of the bucket and give it to the kids. He sure was a hit!

So here's our spooky family. I didn't smile on purpose. After we took the picture, I realized that I look just like the emperor in Star Wars instead of a witch. I should have just ditched the make-up, which made me break out later, anyway. (Oh, and Jackson actually wasn't scared of me, although he'd give me a silly grin every now and then as if to say, "Mom, you look funny.")

4 comments:

  1. I love that you and Matt dressed up, too. I was one of two adults at our ward's TorT that bothered. And the decorated trunk is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt had almost the same costume as Erik. That was really neat all the stuff he did to the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jacob remembers Matt's elaborate trunk or treat from when we were all back in wymount. and great job with Jackson's costume. I think homemade costumes are the best! I love how candid you are, LeMira - I have always and will always love that about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Way to go on dressing up! I need to start this year to think of something to be as Jeff and I are totally uncreative. You guys look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!