Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Quilling

Remember all of those times you were bored in a class, or in church, or just sitting at home? Did you ever find a scrap of paper and start rolling it and making shapes like this one?

Or like this one?

Or any of these others?
Maybe you're all a little more "in-the-know" and you know that this is actually an art form. Yes, unbeknownst to me, it is an art form that can be traced back to the 18th century. I just thought it was what one did when he or she was bored. I never thought to use these shapes and put them together to make neat accessories and crafts for your scrapbook pages like this:

It really is cute and I like the idea, but it's a lot of work, and I didn't know that paper rolling was a perfected art form. I found out while I was exercising and watching HGTV (to make the time go by faster), and they had an episode of DIY Scrapbooking all about quilling. At least now I can say I've learned a new vocabulary word and an art form at the same time!

1 comment:

Let us know what you are thinking!