Friday, December 14, 2007

Clarissa Moment

Yesterday I ran to Toys R Us for my mom to pick up some doll accessories for my little niece for Christmas. Unexpectedly at the check-out, I thought of my little girl (who would be the same age as my niece), and I wished I was buying these for her. I hadn't had a "Clarissa Moment" in a while, and of course it had to come in the middle of the toy store. At least being in public helped me to keep my emotions in check because I really did want to cry. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ, and that he is the reason for the season because it's He that saves us and He that allows my little girl to live.

2 comments:

  1. The other day I was reading Elder Monson's talk over again from conference, the one about Mrs. Patton, and during the talk I tried to put myself in this woman's shoes and imagine that I had lost Elisabeth...I couldn't control myself, I cried and cried. You are a very very strong woman. And we are so lucky to have this gospel because without it I think we'd feel very much alone and life here on earth would seem meaningless and death would feel like the end of everything. Thank goodness for our Savior and the plan of salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post touched my heart. Thank-you for sharing that, and for your testimony, LeMira!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!