Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Jackson's "new" room
Jackson's biggest present of all was that of a "new" room, or a room makeover to match his quilt that I made for him. We bought a twin bed from someone in the ward; I painted his dresser, the wall shelf, and a bookshelf (that isn't in the picture) to match. I repainted his lamp, and recovered his picture bulletin board (also out of the picture). Anyway, it was a lot of fun to do, and Jackson just loves his new bed. Also, Matt chose the vinyl lettering on the wall (a perk of living in Utah).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute room! I love the boy noun on the wall. Very funny. Definitely a perk of living in Utah. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE projects like that! How fun! It looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteIt was hard choosing the wording on the wall. Faced with a myriad of options I had to come back to what Jackson's core competencies were. I then had to delicately match the wording with the optimal color which in this case was Blue #4.
ReplyDeleteIn the end I'm pleased with the way the letters turned out and I'm anxious for my next project.
Thanks to all those who supported and believed in me throughout the process.
Fun room! I love the cake too, did you make it?
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute room. You did a really good job. I love that you repainted the dress what a neat idea.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!!! Fun colors...bright without being too loud. Also, I really liked your post about grieving. And Clarissa's burial dress is beautiful. I think you're a great mom, Lemira.
ReplyDelete