Friday, January 4, 2008

Oh, What a Night!

For about two years now I've been dealing with Jackson's "toddler" wakings at night. Usually he needs a drink or just to be tucked back into bed. Some nights I feel like I have a newborn again when he's up every couple of hours. Lately, though, he's finally sleeping more at night again. When he does wake up, I think he needs to go to the bathroom. I just haven't wanted to push nighttime potty training because we're still working on the "poop factor."

Last night, though, Jackson surprised me. At 3 a.m. or so, he came into my room and said, "Mommy, I need to go potty." What?! He's wearing a diaper!! I figured he'd just use that instead of waking. Well, I was wrong. I helped in the bathroom, and then we went back to sleep. (or tried to anyway . . .)

This morning when we got up, finally, I announced that I would help him out as soon as I went to the bathroom. When I came out, Jackson said, "My turn," and ran to the bathroom. When I took off the diaper (the one I had put on after his potty break last night), it was dry!! Perhaps he's ready to night train after all. I can't believe this!

1 comment:

  1. When I noticed that the child stayed dry all night, I would quickly hurry him/her into the bathroom and have them use the toilet. That was my signal that the child was ready for all night/next morning training.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!