Friday, February 22, 2008

Quick Eye Update

So the last week has been a little stressful. We put Jackson on the new eye drop for a day, and his eye was so irritated it was blood shot. We stopped the drop, visited the doctor, and we've determined that Jackson will have another EUA (exam under anesthesia) with possible surgery. The surgery will entail putting a little tube in his eye to help drain the fluid. There are complications that can happen, but if Jackson's eye pressure does not come down, then the optic nerve in his right eye will continue to deteriorate, and Jackson will go blind. Anyway, Matt and my dad gave Jackson a blessing over the weekend that the pressure would go down. Let's just hope that by the time the EUA comes around, the pressure will have dropped enough that they won't have to operate. Jamie recently asked me if I could count how many surgeries Jackson has had. And no, I've lost track. If I count the EUAs, we're well over 20! If we're just counting surgeries "under the knife" I think it's around 10.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Jackson's eye. I can't imagine your worry! Please keep us updated. And I'll be sure and keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LeMira, I'm so sorry. :-( How hard for the Jackson (and his parents!) to have to go through all this. I will be praying for him, too.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!