Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ode to the Stool


Oh, Stool,
Sleek, shiny, comfortable, black
What is there that you lack?
You glide me along to all types of beats
Just by the pushing of my feets.
I sit taller to watch my shows,
You help me win at Nintendo.
(Believe me, this I know!)

You've been around as long as I can tell,
You've even outlasted the chair you went with so well.
Some have a blankey, others a a thumb (me, too!),
but Stool, oh, glorious Stool -- I have you!

4 comments:

  1. I like the stool/blankie analogy. That's a new one. I've never heard of a kid obsessed with a stool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! (the ode and the picture, that is. I'll leave the stool-lovin' to Jackson)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on the green "stool" word and here is this ode. I've never seen this poem before. It is really pertinent - shows where he spends some down time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!