Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Homemade Popsicles

Summers at my house while growing up meant several things: weeding, housework, swimming, and homemade popsicles. My mom's homemade popsicles are the best! Yesterday Jackson helped me make some by putting the sticks in the cups for me. Later on in the afternoon after they'd frozen, we each ate one. Yummy!!

Here's the recipe for you; I'm pretty sure it originated from a Jell-O cookbook:

1 pkg. Kool-Aid
1 three oz. box of Jell-O (same flavor as Kool-Aid)
1 cup sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups ice cold water


Stir Kool-Aid, Jell-O, and sugar together in a pitcher. Slowly add hot water and stir until the sugar is completly dissolved. Stir in the cold water. Pour into 3 oz. paper cups (Dixie brand works well); and put a popsicle (or craft) stick into each cup. Freeze. Some yummy flavors to try are orange, lime, raspberry, cherry, or lemonade.

4 comments:

  1. i remember those popsicles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, your mom's popsicles were the best!! And her chocolate waffle cookies!! I am now getting hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so fun! You're such a great mom to do such fun things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING TOMORROW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!