Sunday, July 27, 2008

Remembering When

I remember a few years ago I kept wondering why my mom would ever save our old toys. I mean, some of them went through all 7 of us kids. I couldn't believe she saved my Barbies and all of their accessories after all of the abuse some of them went through. Well, while we've been here, I've been privileged to watch Jackson play with some of my favorite childhood toys, and I'm so glad that my mom kept all of our toys. I sat with him and showed him how they work. Here's a picture of him playing with an oldie but goodie: The Little People Sesame Street Clubhouse.

Yes, that's Grover in the spinning yellow thing on top. They just don't make Little People the same anymore. My mom still owns the Children's Hospital, the Happy Houseboat, the Schoolhouse, and a Treehouse all for the Little People. Sadly, a few years ago, my favorite, the Little People Garage, met its end.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Little People -- the OLD ones! The new ones are just not the same. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. I love the old toys. I think everyone feels the same way about old little people toys -- that's why they're so pricey on ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had one of these and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did the Little People Garage look like?

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!