Here are the rest of the highlights from our trip. Sorry that there aren't any pictures of me, I was the photographer the entire time; and sorry that there are so many pictures.
My mom bought this life jacket for Jackson, and by the time we left, we loved going everyday to swim. Matt and I are excited to take him to a pool here now so Matt can see how Jackson's fear of water has subsided substantially.
Taylor, Jackson, Madi, and Emma all drying off from swimming in the Spring
Two things grandma is known for, Schwan's ice cream treats and a toy room full of good stuff.
After the kids "played" down there:
The kids also love grandma's wagon. Emma loved pulling Jackson and Madi around in it.
Jackson just had to have a turn after watching Emma. He couldn't go quite as fast, though.
Jackson loved Grandma's "Marble Works" set. I really want to get him one for Christmas now.
Remember last time I visited home, I blogged about the stickers/puncture vines? Well, Jackson went wandering off (okay, just in the field next door), but he was wearing his Crocs, and they collected the stickers. He stood screaming until my aunt fetched him. Here you can see his dirty, tear-streaked face. My aunt asked, "Are you raising a homeless child." (in jest, of course) You can see the weeds behind Jackson next to the fence post -- that's where he stood screaming.
Two things grandma is known for, Schwan's ice cream treats and a toy room full of good stuff.
After the kids "played" down there:
The kids also love grandma's wagon. Emma loved pulling Jackson and Madi around in it.
Jackson just had to have a turn after watching Emma. He couldn't go quite as fast, though.
Jackson loved Grandma's "Marble Works" set. I really want to get him one for Christmas now.
Remember last time I visited home, I blogged about the stickers/puncture vines? Well, Jackson went wandering off (okay, just in the field next door), but he was wearing his Crocs, and they collected the stickers. He stood screaming until my aunt fetched him. Here you can see his dirty, tear-streaked face. My aunt asked, "Are you raising a homeless child." (in jest, of course) You can see the weeds behind Jackson next to the fence post -- that's where he stood screaming.
Finally, Jackson had a ball with his cousin Aaron the last day we were there. Aaron loved playing with CDs just like Jackson, and they turned on the music and danced. Yes, my nephew is wearing a leotard -- he loves "dress-up" clothes. He's the funniest kid, and so cute!
Right now I'm missing swimming in the Spring in the early morning for exercise, visiting with my mom, eating ice cream treats, and not worrying about bills and housework!!
Right now I'm missing swimming in the Spring in the early morning for exercise, visiting with my mom, eating ice cream treats, and not worrying about bills and housework!!
Welcome back home. Visiting family is always great for extended periods (minus the hubby staying behind). I find that Abram grows and learns so many new and different things from being in a different environment and with other caretakers and children to play with for an extended period. That is great about Jackson's fear of water subsiding some. Get him to that pool!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like such a great little trip. I'm trying to decide whether I can handle spending a week with the family and without Rob . . . Mostly because I'm afraid he wouldn't feed himself. :) BTW--I LOVE the pictures! Don't be sorry for posting them!
ReplyDeleteI think Jackson really looks like Matt in these pictures.
ReplyDeleteI see that I don't have to be ashamed of how many kids toys I am saving, now that I've seen your mother's stash. Jackson looks like he had a lot of fun. These are very nice pictures - but I wish I'd seen the sticker stuck up crocs. I remember those stickers.
ReplyDelete