Mickey Mouse
This "back" shot is so you can see his cute tail! (and yes, I made his costume)
And here we are as a family. I am dressed as a Mickey fan/tourist. My shirt, which I wish you could read, says in pictures "i love (heart) Mickey (Mickey head)." Yes, that is a REAL Polaroid camera, and I did take pictures with it. Matt's costume will make sense in a minute.
Every year our ward/neighborhood has a Trunk or Treat on Halloween. We can't help but go all out. Matt had the fabulous idea. He made the Plinko board, I made the banner, and behind the banner in the trunk, we had playing the game show theme music. He even won an award (tied) for best decorated trunk!


In the "shoots" were pieces of candy. Whichever shoot the puck fell in determined the candy you got.
Needless to say, Matt's idea was a big hit with all of the kids and the adults. He was busy the entire time. Several kids came back 2-3 times.

And I couldn't resist taking this photo of a man in our ward who was dressed exactly like Jackson. His adorable daughter was Minnie Mouse. Too bad you can't see their matching shorts and gloves (it was too dark to really get a great picture).
And here we are as a family. I am dressed as a Mickey fan/tourist. My shirt, which I wish you could read, says in pictures "i love (heart) Mickey (Mickey head)." Yes, that is a REAL Polaroid camera, and I did take pictures with it. Matt's costume will make sense in a minute.
In the "shoots" were pieces of candy. Whichever shoot the puck fell in determined the candy you got.
And I couldn't resist taking this photo of a man in our ward who was dressed exactly like Jackson. His adorable daughter was Minnie Mouse. Too bad you can't see their matching shorts and gloves (it was too dark to really get a great picture).
Cute costume!! And good job on making it; it looks fantastic. I love that you're a tourist; that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnd the trunk -- AMAZING!
In our ward here in Ohio nobody decorates the trunk. I figure what's the point of handing out candy from a trunk if it isn't decorated? Is it just about the candy and not about the fun?
ReplyDeleteIn one ward in Utah we decorated our trunk with a Christmas theme. We had stockings, a tree, Santa hats, and handed out candy canes (hard to find in October, believe it or not). It was great, mostly because all the kids thought we didn't know what month it was.
OhOhOh!! CoolWonderfulCrazy! Trunk or Treat is SO FUN!! What adorable shots of Jackson and friends! Matt?!? Hosting The Price Is Right? How fun that must have been for adults and teenagers!! Your family is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteFun! Cute costume idea, I love the tourist and Mickey. The "Price is Right" is so cool too!
ReplyDeleteHow could you NOT have won an award for that awesome trunk! A game AND candy in one...that is most brilliant. I love it. How creative and festive of you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! You all look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteVery cute idea...and just think, it will help you to remember what year you went to Disneyland! And of course the plinko board is awesome. How fun!
ReplyDeletePlinko!! Best game ever! Tell Matt that was awesome!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Those are great!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love that you made a Plinko board. That is great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! I love seeing fun new children's costumes for Halloween. And the Plinko board...wow! Such creativity. I love learning about new things to do with altoids tins...makes me want to go out and buy more just for a craft activity. :)
ReplyDelete