Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 2008

One of the fun traditions of Halloween is carving pumpkins. Jackson wasn't really into it, but we helped him help us get the guts out! I'm posting this first picture just so you can see the look in his eyes (although it's blurry). This kid needs to have messy experiences, and so we tortured him. He was pretty adamant that he needed to wash his hands, but we sure were proud of him for being brave and grabbing the gook!This year we invited my brother and his wife to carve along with us. Aimee is not faking that face, but Ken is faking his.

Matt and I shared most of the load on ours.
Jackson listened to his CD player most of the time. (Notice the track number "4". . .many of you will know what that means.)
Our finished Jack-O-Lanterns.

7 comments:

  1. I think Aimee's face is how I feel when I am digging out a pumpkin too. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and they turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin carving IS a messy experience, but I love to bake the pumpkin seeds and eat them. I don't have to share with as many kids as I used to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jackson's face: "Seriously? EW."

    You've now reminded me that we need to carve our pumpkins--and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! We took nathan to a pumpkin patch but we did not have any cash to get a pumpkin. We are being cheap-o's this year and not getting any pumpkins but that does not mean Nathan does not love looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great pumpkins. I love the look on Jackson's face. Classic. He is such a doll, I just love that kid. I saw you out playing baseball, and I thought, what a wonderful mother. You are really great, I hope you know that. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!