Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thought for the Day

I finally finished A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. It took me several months to read the first half of the book, but only one week to finish the last half (when I finally could get past the language and into the story). Anyway, the final statement of the book is very powerful, and I hope I can say the same thing when my time is up.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

2 comments:

  1. Yay for finally finishing! Now what are you going to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at book club last night and many of them talked about what a great book it is. I guess it is time to tackle it. Thanks for the warning about the language.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!