Monday, November 17, 2008

K-Mart has nothing on us!

Tonight while checking out of K-Mart, the young, male checker noticed that I was wearing a BYU Broadcasting jacket and asked, "Do you teach at BYU?" (I tried not to snicker at this remark.)

"No," I replied. "He (pointing to Matt) works for BYU Broadcasting."

The checker in awe asks, "Do you make a lot of money?"

Matt: "Oh, millions."

Checker: "The guy who owns K-Mart makes a lot of money. He must be a billionaire."

Us: "Yeah, maybe."

Checker: "Does he make as much as you?"

Us: blank stares

We really tried to hold in our laughter as we walked out the doors!

13 comments:

  1. How old was he? Maybe he was kidding... I HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he thought Matt was "talent"--you know, an anchor who MUST make millions.

    Matt, you really ought to stop wearing all that makeup to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wha??? Wow, I really hope he's still in school...not the brightest crayon in the box eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I hope the checker doesn't spread the word about how much BYU employees make. The K-Mart owner will soon be clamoring for Matt's job!!!
    Just how young WAS that boy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I thought Sunday when you guys skyped us that all of you looked really good...but billionaire good? As seen in Kmart? That checker must be from the wild hinterlands of the west.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is soo sad... I dont think I would have not been able to keep back the sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, the checker was NOT joking. He was in all earnest, in his very young, very naive way. He seemed like he was in his late teens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, the naiveté of a kmart employee. (long sigh). I love it! I am sure the guy was sweet and very nice, but I don't think they require IQ tests to work at Kmart either. Really, just a sweet and simple Kmart employee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of when my basketball team was walking into the gym at an away game:
    my coach- Is this the gym for JV basketball?
    girl- Yes. Are you the coach?
    my coach- Yeah
    girl- You am?
    my coach- ...yes I am.


    oh what a world we live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious! And I love the post about miracles. We'll definitely be praying for more miracles for your family so you'll be able to adopt. We are SERIOUS believers in miracles after everything that's happened with Tukker!

    He's been seeing Dr. Carver for his eyes - his office is right next to the hospital. And Wednesday we found out he's been cleared. His ROP hasn't progressed for a while, and the hemorrhaging looks better, so no surgery. Hooray! Thanks for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!