Sunday, December 7, 2008

Better Late than Never

Anyone else excited for Christmas?!
Before I get there, though, I have to do some backtracking. . .
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Matt, Jackson, and I crammed into the back seat of my brother's car, and we all drove down together. I'm sure this will be my mom's last hosted dinner as it is getting too much for her. We're hoping that my parents will come up with us some time!
The day after Thanksgiving, Jackson asked my mom about the Christmas tree. She was so good to him and put it up that day. When we got home the next day, Jackson asked about our tree. We went and bought a pre-lit tree at 50% the original price (love the after-Thanksgiving sales)! Jackson loves our tree. I can't tell if he's hiding or digging for presents that aren't there yet.
We decorated our tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Even Clarissa has her own ornament on the tree. Our little angel. . . Every day Jackson asks to have the Christmas tree lights on, and they stay on most of the day. I'm so glad that my Christmas excitement has rubbed off on him!

6 comments:

  1. You guys are looking very festive! I can't wait to join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so beautiful and loving I can't say it all here. So much love oozes off the pictures and into my heart. I love you all back even more.
    Mom-Ruth Ann

    p.s. the word verification code for my comment is: besst

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving but this year it was delayed because we had to go and buy one. We got a cheap one at the dollar store(this tree will be the kids tree in the future). Every morning or if the tree is unplugged, Nathan will go and poit to the outlet. I guess our boys love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lemira...I love your family!!! Jackson is so adorable.

    Portia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I can't spell or type. Lets subtitue "point" in for "poit". Why can't they have spell check on these commets?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had so much fun! We missed being there!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!