Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Corner Lots

So, when looking for a house, many people want a house on the corner lot for the space. There's usually a lot more yard, and you only have neighbors on one side of you. This morning, after another snowstorm, I was reminded with every shovelful of snow why it is NOT advantageous to have a corner lot/one in the middle of the circle. I have at least TWICE the amount of snow to clear off sidewalks (city policy is if the sidewalk touches/edges your property, you are required to clear it). For those of you who have been to my house, you know what I mean. For those of you who haven't, well, you might think I'm just complaining. Actually, it was rejuvenating to clear the snow.

4 comments:

  1. Well, on a corner lot you may have neighbors only on one side, but the other side is a Street! And cars and ambulances and fire trucks etc., drive on those.
    Your snowshoveling days are good workouts, don't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your new header is so cute! Nice work!

    That's the first time I've heard someone say that corner lots might be good. It's nice to hear that for a change. (But yeah, shoveling the snow...YUCK but good exercise!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't sound like any fun - shoveling lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that is a lot of shoveling!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!