Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tubing

If you live in my area, then you need to know about Jolley's Ranch. We've been camping there a couple of times with our ward, but during the winter, it turns into a winter recreation spot. They offer snow-shoeing, cross country skiing, and tubing. Tubing and sledding are free until 5 p.m. (if you have your own stuff).

Yesterday Matt had a brilliant idea that we all go and try it there. I don't like cold, if you remember, but I gave in. I'm sure glad I did -- we had a BLAST! We only have sleds, and they didn't work out too well, so we rented a double tube for $3. The thrill level completely changed. The hill doesn't look steep until you go down it and then have to climb all the way back to the top. In a tube, however, you go much faster down.

Jackson wasn't scared at all. In fact, he wanted to go every time, despite having to climb up that long, hard hill every time. Matt and I switched off with him, and loved every second of it. One point when Jackson and I got to the bottom of the hill, he exclaimed, "Ohhh, that was AWESOME!" You know, in one of those very jock-like ways. I laughed so hard. We only quit because I was worried about Jackson's hands freezing in his knit mittens. We promptly went out and bought new, water-proof ones. We intend to head back out there on Friday. It was sooo much fun!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! We live right by a perfect hill too! Hmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!!! I have never been tubing there. We should all go one of these afternoons when we get bored. We have a double tube that we could all use. I think that sounds like a blast. Let me know when you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also.... on your last post about all of the things you have done.... WOW I am jealous. My life is way boring compared to yours. Some of those things that you have done, are my goals in life. I am so happy that you have been able to experience some of those things. (Mat too)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!