Since we took so many pictures (too many!), here are my favorite highlights of the day.
Every year I watch the slide show Matt and I put together for Jackson's first birthday. It has a whole year in pictures of Jackson set to music. I cry every year I watch it. This year, I watched it before Jackson went to school. In this picture he is looking at the picture in the frame that just went by on the TV screen (the one on the screen is the one right after, but looks very similar to the one in the frame).
Since Jackson requested Mike Wazowski cupcakes, I decided to decorate (just a little) in the Monsters, Inc. theme. I had him pose for a picture, and it wasn't until afterwards that I noticed that he is posing just like Randall in the poster above his head.
Jackson was too excited to blow out the candles. He was laughing so much that he had a hard time getting enough breath to blow them out. By the third try, I decided to help him out.
Finally getting that cupcake:
Finally, my FAVORITE one of all! I had some noisemakers for him, and he loved playing with them, but they were just a little too loud.
Wow. I can't believe it has been 5 years. I remember when he was born. Happy Birthday Jackson! He is such a cute boy.
ReplyDeleteYay! What a fun day. I love that he was singing "Happy Birthday" to himself. And are those MarbleWorks?!? Coolest toy ever!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the cupcakes. I showed Brighton the picture to see if he'd recognize them. He said "Monters. Birtay take. Mmmm. Ummy." So there you have it. Even a two year old can recognize Mike. And recognize yummyness.
Happy Birthday Jackson!
Happy Birthday to Jackson!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jacksoooon! (you know how DA does it). I can't believe that he is 5! The cupcakes turned out so good. I want one.:)
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Yea that Jackson turned 5, and has been blessing your family for 5 years! I love the cupcakes--they are so cute! My favorite is the picture where Jackson is posing like Randall--so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a great job with those adorable cupcakes and making it such a special day for Jackson. It is so fun to run with whatever your child is interested in and come up with a creative idea to homemake. Cupcakes are great I think instead of a big cake - it is like mini individual decorated cakes perfect for little hands. I will agree that I am amazed that it has been five years since Jackson was born. And yet at the same time only five years since we were leaving Wymount. Happy Birthday to Jackson!
ReplyDelete