Monday, May 11, 2009

You Said It



1. Yesterday morning while I was in the shower, Matt prompted Jackson to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day" when I got out. When I came and and gave him a hug, Jackson said, "Remember, . . .um . . . Happy Birthday!"


2. Matt spoke in church yesterday (for those of you in our old neighborhood, you might remember that he spoke on Mother's Day last year, too). When he finished and began returning to his seat, Jackson, who was sitting on the front row with me, called out, "Dad, you did it!"


3. This evening during our Family Home Evening lesson, I was teaching Jackson about baptism and the story of when Jesus was baptized. I pointed to the picture of John the Baptist and Jesus and asked, "What are they doing in the water?"
Jackson didn't skip a beat, "Feeding the fish."
I had a hard time recovering from that one.

I'm glad I'm his mom -- these gems make the hard days worth it sometimes.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you feel so privileged to be Jackson's mommy? I love the encouraging words he gave Matt. I think that it shows that he is told the same thing by his mommy and daddy. . . "you did it!" So funny - doesn't everyone know that Jesus was a fisherman???

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so funny!!! Thank You!! Helene Heno and I saw some cows under a tree while riding through France, and I told her about Matt, age 11?, when he saw some cows under a tree in Texas. "They're having a meeting" he announced. Only a Mormon boy would think of that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!! What would we do without kids? They're GREAT! Jackson sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- that made me laugh so hard- the fish, right!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!