Friday, June 19, 2009

Best Aunt Ever

Trying to maintain the title "Best Aunt Ever" can be quite exhausting, but worth it nonetheless! Thanks to my friend Becky, who did this idea at a Valentine's Party (that we weren't able to attend), I retained my title one more time. I like to call Becky's ingenious idea: At Home Drive-In Movie Theater. The kids each picked out a cardboard box (which after moving you can never seem to get rid of), decorated it like a car, -- okay, they were supposed to be cars, but they had more fun just decorating them -- and then we watched a movie while eating delicious movie snacks.
The two oldest worked the hardest and the longest cutting and gluing all sorts of animal and nature pictures on their boxes.

Jackson was done after painting just a few strokes on his box. When his hands had more paint than the box, he just couldn't take anymore working; so, he began "supervising."


Funny thing is that every time these three come to my house, they always pick to watch the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Later on, my nephew tells me that the Grinch (Jim Carrey's version) sometimes gives them nightmares. No wonder they were excited to watch it; perhaps their mom doesn't care for dealing with nightmares. So, I apologize to their grandma now for any nightmares they had last night.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We made a cardboard box into a castle and Kimmy loves it. Plus, when she gets tired of it, into the trash it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking such good care of our kids!! They all commented on how much fun they had. I really can't tell you how much it means to me to know they are being so well taken care of. Also thank you for posting the pictures. Joseph and I commented last night that we are missing them a lot more than they are missing us. It made my day to see pictures of what they are up to so thank you, you are a wonderful Aunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are three cardboard box marionette theatres in my basement...but no cars or castles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea! I might have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great idea! I've never seen the movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, so maybe we'll have to watch it sometime when we're down. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!