Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fish are Friends

Have you ever loved someone so much that you just wanted to use their name to remember them forever? Jackson has. Let me introduce you to Thomas:
And here is the namesake.

Too bad goldfish don't last forever. . .




And now the story, for those of you who want to know.

Yesterday we bought our first pets because Jackson was so well-behaved at my parents' house. (Goldfish are about all I can handle at this point, and yes, I believe in rewarding my child with "things.") Anyway. . . while I ran into the grocery store to finish up my errands from the day before, Matt and Jackson sat in the car working on naming the two fish. One fish Jackson could never really decide on a name, and he finally (after we got home) decided to call it Tasha after a character on one of his favorite shows. The other favorite names were taken (that is a whole other post I plan to do one of these days).

The other fish, however, was promptly named and his name will stay the same. I'm sure of it. Jackson loves to pretend to be Thomas, mainly because Thomas is a toddler (who Jackson still knows as a baby), and thus Jackson pretends to be Baby Thomas. This is a warning to all of you out there who are friendly with my son. You may end up having a future pet named after you. Personally, you all are much cuter than goldfish.

4 comments:

  1. Well Thomas growled and waved at the fish picture, so I think this is a good sign. :) We practiced trying to say "jackson" again, and if it's any consolation he isn't anywhere close to saying "Thomas," either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to say there is a little girl in nursery who won't eat fish because when her parents serve it she says, "fish are friends, not food," over and over again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, and it sounds like Jackson will love having pet fish. It's funny cause I still think of him as this little 2 year old.... have to keep reminding myself how much he's grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait until you get a puppy named Kristin! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!