The Love and Logic stuff is working! Granted, I have been emotionally drained several times trying to do it, but it's paying off! Jackson now will run to put his toys away because if I put them away, then I put them away, and he gets to earn them back because I did his chores for him. Sounds mean? It's not. He's getting the idea, and he's been earning them back like crazy, and I've been getting a lot of chores done around the house that I never would have thought to do because of it. He's adapting, and so am I.
Tasha the Fish swam to the big ocean in the sky last night. Jackson set her off with Daddy's help this morning. Empty fish tank = ugly, but NO PETS! Sorry pet lovers, Tasha did not win me over to the pro-pet-owning side of things.
Jackson has a new neighborhood friend. He's two years older, but also an only child, and comes over almost everyday. They entertain each other, never fight (not yet anyway - knock on wood), and go between houses. Jackson is getting some great peer to peer modeling, and I love it! He's learning how to ask for certain things and learning how to handle different social situations.
We were inducted into the Home Ownership Club this weekend by some minor flooding due to torrential Utah rain (meaning it lasted much longer than five minutes) and clogged gutters. At least our laundry room cement floor got cleaned.
I'm ready to post pictures of my house. Well, soon anyway. I've got to take the pictures first.
Oh, and because some friends have recently asked, no, there is no new adoption news. Nada. No leads, nothing. Somehow, though, I'm trying to stay hopeful. I admit it's sometimes hard to watch dear, very-deserving friends to announce unexpected pregnancies or adoptions. All in the Lord's time, though, will we be blessed with our baby.
Well, that's it for now. I hope you've enjoyed my blogging spree lately.
I think you're great. Sounds like a bunch of fun going on. :)
ReplyDelete