Monday, June 15, 2009

Reading again

Best book I've read in a while:
I only wish I'd picked it up sooner. It's working to help me discipline without anger. It's not easy to change my habits, but I'm getting better, and the methods work.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting.....Jim Fay came and taught an inservice meeting while I was teaching school back before I had tried raising a 7-year old myself. I was just thinking about him the other day. Maybe I'll have to check it out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the original book, but haven't ever gotten around to reading the early childhood one; I definitely should before I have a toddler boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by that book! I need to read it again to remind myself of all of the finer points I have forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check that one out. A video series that I just watched and LOVED is scream free parenting. Seriously the best parenting information I've ever seen/read.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if it would help with teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious note: I put up the sixth comment, but the post it note says there are only 2 comments.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and Logic definitely works with teenagers. Jim Fay and David Funk have a book out about parenting with Love and Logic. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!