The Only One
I’m told that I am strong,
Then why do I feel so weak?
They say I can handle it,
But how? I just can’t see.
I’m told that I am loved,
Then why do I feel alone?
The “heat” is definitely on,
But why do I feel so cold?
I was told things happen in bits and pieces;
Then why is it all crashing down?
They say that it will be for a “small moment”;
But it feels like an eternity – even now.
My life is changing and changing fast.
Some days I feel I might just break.
The stress and pressure can be too much.
Where can I hide to just sit and wait?
I know that I must trudge on.
Yet, I know my own strength is not enough.
Where can I turn? Where can I go?
Is there any relief from all of this “stuff”?
There is only one place to turn.
I rely on that unchanging Truth.
My rock, my strength, my brother
Something- HIM- I can hold to.
He stands firm and does not change.
Still, solid, perfect, and bright:
My Savior shall be my guide:
The One – the only one who truly understands.
He can lead me safely through my night.
Written by LeMira
November 18, 2008
That's a beautiful poem. We'll keep your friends in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLeMira, that poem is amazing -- love the message.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to your friends at this time. How devastating. :-(
Thank you for sharing something that is so obviously personal. What a beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so sorry about your friends, I can't even imagine. I hope they find some comfort in your beautiful poem, and I'm sure they are thankful they have you to empathize with them.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with you poetic abilities. Some frustrations can be hard to express in words. You are talented!
ReplyDelete