Saturday, August 15, 2009

Some things will never die. . .

Being the on-top-of-things Mom that I am, (riiiight) or at least not wanting to procrastinate Halloween preparations to the last minute, I decided to ask Jackson what he wanted to be for Halloween this year while we were cruising the Wal-Mart aisles. He immediately associated Halloween with his costume from last year and announced: "I be Mickey Mouse!" The real on-top-of-it-all-Mom would have said, "Awesome! We still have all of the stuff from last year, and it still fits you. Done!" Not this mom, though. I'm all about creating new work for me.

As if he knew what would be a blow to my "He's finally getting over this toy phase," Jackson quickly announced when I told him that he needed to pick a different costume, "Leprechaun. I want to be leprechaun." Yep, you got that right. I have to take this guy, whose been living in a box in my basement for 4 months and deemed as "dead" by my five year old because the batteries died,


and bring him back to life through this guy:



For the rest of the Wal-Mart trip, Jackson insisted on singing Come on, Eileen, and telling me all about what he would need for his costume, "A button here" (pointing to his foot) "and a jroom, jroom, jroom" (while spinning his arm around and around as if to simulate the leprechaun's cane circling). When I asked him if he needs hair on his face, like a beard, he said, "Yes."

We will see if he can handle that sudden hair growth. We will see.

3 comments:

  1. It's true, LeMira, you are too good of a Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehehehehehe [maniacal laughter]
    I can't wait to see the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie and Nate Katschke are in my ward in Bham! Cassie is my VT. Small world. Holly is my best friend that I've known since as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!