Friday, September 25, 2009

Angel's Embrace

I've thought of what to post for a couple of days now. I've had the start of a poem, and many emotions running through me. If I'd written this yesterday, it would have been very different. Yesterday, I was a flood. Emotions were flowing, tears were stinging, and my soul was craving. This morning, however, I am calm and at peace. Yet, I do still have a wish list.

I WISH:
I could just reach down and hug and kiss my little girl.
There were days (probably every day) that I would have to break up fights between Jackson and his little sister.
Jackson would know his sister, that she wasn't just someone we talk about.
I could hold her for a minute longer.
I could buy pink, girly things.
She could play with her cousins, she has five of them that are all within 6 months age of each other.
We could have her four-year old birthday party today with her blowing out the candles on the cake that she chose.

THINGS FOR WHICH I AM GRATEFUL:
I do not have to worry about where she will grow up, or what she will be exposed to.
She did not have to endure the roller coaster ride of the NICU.
Friends and family who love me and who tell me.
Those who do not forget.
My Savior, Jesus Christ, who makes it possible for me to be with her again.
The Temple of the Lord, where I can feel her spirit near.


Finally, I want to say a big "thank-you" to my sister-in-law, Amy. Right now she is dealing with her own set of challenges, and yet she thought of us. She has sent a present to each one of the "cousins", and she did not want to leave out Clarissa. I love what she sent, and I too am most grateful for the angels that surround us.



THANK YOU, for all of you who have been my angels, embracing me when I need it.

8 comments:

  1. I love you LeMira. You are in inspiration to me all the time. I cannot even come close to being able to imagine what you have been through with what happened to Clarissa, but I know God chose to keep her close to Him for a reason. Even though we don't know why, we know that His will and reasons are higher than our own. And you will see her again. You will get that chance to hold her in your arms for eternity. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeMira - I thought about you all day yesterday..I am glad that you are feeling peace. Your beautiful little girl is waiting for you, watching over you until the time you can go back and be with her. I am thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you this week.

    Much love
    -Alta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I obviously don't know exactly how it feels, but something close having lost two sisters. I too am incredibly grateful for the gospel. There is nothing like it for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you, LeMira. One day we will understand the why? of everything. The Lord knows what he is doing.
    LOve, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. Even though it must be hard, thank you for sharing a Clarissa with us.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!