Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh, to be FIVE.

Seriously, where have I been? Oh yeah, stuck behind a sewing machine making a Leprechaun costume! Yes, it is complete -- except for the cane. If we don't have one ready by Saturday, I think I'll have one sad little leprechaun on my hands. He handled the disappointment of not taking one today to the school's Halloween parade. (I could use the excuse that it looks like a weapon. Seriously, a stick and a bunch of 5 year-olds = injuries.)

What do you do in the fall when you are FIVE?

You play soccer while it's warm.

You make sugar cookies for a treat for your family home evening and enjoy the cookie dough all over your face!

You enjoy cheap, indoor entertainment.

Of course, you help carve the traditional pumpkin into a Jack-O-Lantern and are forced to touch the nasty stuff inside.


The NEXT day, you go outside to enjoy the first snowfall, build a snowman and name him Bob . . . after this guy:


Then of course, you get ready for Halloween and try on your costume. Here's a sneak peek of our Leprechaun:

10 comments:

  1. Way cute post! It makes me want to be 5 again. Jackson has been having lots of fun, his snowman Bob is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been busy! I just wish we had snow to play in. Have a great halloween...and good luck finding a cane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookie dough eating picture is adorable and I love the leprechaun costume. Wow! Looks like you are having tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeMira, you are way too industrious and crafty. I have a feeling that my kids are always going to be jealous of how pimped out their cousins are.

    And no, that is not an announcement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's getting so big! And I seriously can't believe you made a leprechaun costume--awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super sweet hat! Good job on the costume that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Great way to present all these cute pictures. I wanna be five, too! Love the snowman and the costume looks AMAZING. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well! All these people commented ahead of this grandma and I check this site three times a day!
    Such great activity pictures! If you can't find a cane, Leprechauns also had pots of gold. Some had pots. Check out a Party Co. store. That hat needs a little batting or styrofoam.
    Have fun with the trick-or-treating! Snow in October-He's built a snowman already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! You have a handsome little man there.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!