Our neighborhood does not do a trunk or treat or a Halloween party for our church ward. Sad. I was really lamenting it all, and we even considered driving back to our old neighborhood for their trunk or treat. However, I'm glad we stayed here in our neighborhood for a few reasons.
One: I had forgotten how exciting it is for kids to go door to door trick or treating until I watched Jackson.
Two: I think I'd really like to be creative again, next year, and do a themed "house" with candy that goes along with it. It could be really fun. Besides, we might end up being the "cool" house.
Three: I really got to meet some neighbors, and where we live IS really safe for trick or treaters. Growing up, we were able to just go out and not worry about all of the scary stuff. Where we live now, we can do the same thing. Don't worry, I wouldn't ever send my 5 year old off alone, but it really is safe to just go around town here. It's nice.
Anyway, enough of my chatter: here's what was the most exciting part of it all! Introducing . . .
Jackson the Leprechaun
For those of you who forgot, or don't know, the inspiration for Jackson's costume:
Attention to detail was necessary, except the beard -- although he was given the opportunity to wear one, which he turned down. (If you think I went to too much trouble, then you can ask Jackson about it .) Yes, if you pushed the button, Jackson would sing, or at least he'd hum, "C'mon Eileen" for you.
The full shot. Yes, Mommy made the costume, except for the cane. Matt whittled that from one of our lilac trees. The hat was originally black, but I covered it in the extra fabric.
Sweet! It sounds like you guys had a great time, and that Jackson got plenty of gold- yes! I am very happy with Thomas' earnings. I can't wait to divvy dum-dums out to him one at a time for the next month!
ReplyDeleteLeMira, you are such a good mom! That costume is amazing! Good job! I'm so glad that Jackson had a ball!
ReplyDeleteHA! I love that he even sang the song when you pushed the "button." Good job on the costume!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented - that is the cutest costume! I love the push here button! What a great touch!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, LeMira! The costume looks great! Wish I could've heard Jackson sing.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!!! Especially the little button to press--SO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteThat costume looks so great! Glad you posted a picture of the whole thing. Matt's carving skills came in really handy, and so did the lilacs!
ReplyDeleteIt IS fun to go door to door and not just trunk to trunk trick-or-treating. I remember the last time I went with Hannah in New Hampshire. She was the blue fairy from Pinocchio and it was a lovely, cool October night and I kept thinking how lucky I was to be right there with her. (Keri was off with the neighbor girls.)
Jackson looks supremely happy. Congratulations!!
Jackson makes a wonderful lepruchon and you made a wonderful costume. After looking at the others kids out in costume this year, I decided that I really like the homemade garb the best.
ReplyDeleteI never thought of doing a themed house sounds fun. You did an awesome job with the costume. Do you ever make a costume for you?
ReplyDelete