So, my dear friend gave me permission to share this story with you. I got a good laugh out of it, and you will, too -- especially if you've followed the Twilight movies at all.
My friend was watching T.V. recently and saw an advertisement for donating money to help the orphans in Haiti. She felt very moved by the program and knew she just had to donate. (She says that George Clooney didn't have anything to do with it. . . hmmm.) Normally she donates money through the LDS Humanitarian Fund, but she felt strongly that she needed to donate to this fund.
So, she called the number and did her part. After she'd donated and was feeling that high you get from doing something good for someone else, the operator said, "Now as a thanks for donating, you get to talk to a celebrity."
"Uh, okay," replied my friend. The operator then told her that some of the celebrities that have answered the phones have included Michelle Pfeiffer and Robin Williams. She was a little intimidated, not sure what she'd say.
The phone rang and a man's voice answered, "Hi! This is Taylor Lautner. Thanks for donating to Haiti today."
"Hi! You're welcome. I think it's such a great thing that you're doing, and I wanted to help out. What did you say your name was?"
"Uh, Taylor Lautner." My friend quickly wrote his name down and decided to "Google" him later.
{This is the part of the story where I started BUSTING A GUT!}
She and Taylor Lautner then made small talk, and she could tell that he knew that she had NO IDEA who he was.
My friend closed the conversation, "Uh, well, thanks for talking to me today, that was really nice of you. Have a good day, Good-bye!"
She then "Googled" him, and for those of you who don't know who Taylor Lautner is because you've been living in a box (or you're completely anti-Twilight), this is who she talked to
Taylor Lautner is only Jacob Black.
Oh, and at the time, she was just finishing reading New Moon for the first time.
hahahaha that's hilarious!! I would have been soooo sad if I hung up and then discovered who he was!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome story!!! I can't believe she didn't know it was him. He might have enjoyed a break from people bugging him about twilight stuff.
ReplyDeleteHow do you know it was the REAL Taylor Lautner? I used to do phone surveys in college and we would usually pick (sometimes obscure) celebrity names when we introduced ourselves. It was a little game we played to see if the people on the other end were paying attention. If they said anything about our names we just played along like they were real.
ReplyDeleteI'm still thinking about this. They could have really easily had someone pretending to be a celebrity. I'm not trying to be skeptical... sorry.
ReplyDeleteI would have known who it was, but been really disappointed that all I got to talk to was Shark Boy...
ReplyDeletefunny!
ReplyDeleteOh man!! I had no idea who it was either. And no, I don't live in a box. But I am soooo bad with names. I don't think I ever knew him as anyone except Jacob.
ReplyDelete