So, for all of you who attended Primary, here's my version of a summertime song that I sing as if I am Jackson. (And just pretend that it fits the rhythm of the song.)
"Oh, what do you on a Saturday when all the kids aren't at school?
"Do you build rows and rows of play dominoes
"and play with your best bud, Dad?
When that's what we do . . . it makes us glad."
"Oh, what did you do on your birthday when you turned 6 and not 5?" (I promise that is a 6 - not a 5 - with a yellow dot on it!)
"Did you go out to eat at Chuck E Cheese,
"open gifts and get a big surprise?That's what you did? So did I . . ."
You can make your own fixin's with a new Play Doh kitchen hoping to pass the time.
That's what we've done, and it's fine."
WHat fun! DId you make the cake? It looks amazing!!! (We're blaming Katelyn's recent addiction to the Curious George movie for all her mischievous antics lately...She LOVES George!)
ReplyDeleteYes, I made the cake (if you look closely, you can see all of the mistakes). It's one of the things I love to do for his birthday.
ReplyDeleteoh i LOVE the song!
ReplyDeleteand that totally cracks me up that you had that dream by the way haha
Maybe the dream was really about THEIR blog..
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks amazing! "Red bikes go faster!" Who said that?
Congratulations to Jackson!!!
That would be my brother, Kenneth, with that gem. Oh, and Ruth Ann, just so you know, Jackson loves his tractors. We play with the little ones often right now. He pulls out his "car mat," and the tractors spend the time fixing the bridge (there are some doing that now between where we live and the next town).
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I love how excited he was over his domino's! Kids are cool!
ReplyDeleteThat cake is amazing! I loved the dominoes - we'll have to try it when we finish our tile floor. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. Those videos are amazing! Sorry about not updating our blog . . . I'm just a little busy . . .
ReplyDelete