Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finally, Something's Working

Right now, this is my most favorite website:

My Fitness Pal.

When weight loss experts talk about counting calories, they're not kidding. I believed it to be true, but I was too lazy to actually do it. Well, for the last two weeks, I've been counting my calories -all my calories (yes, even the peanut butter cookies) - and exercising. And you know what? IT WORKS! I don't have to believe it any more. I know it. I have results to prove it. Know what else? I don't have to give up treats, I just have to treat them like treats, and eat them sparingly -- not turn them into a meal.

Change takes courage and lots of faith and lots of DOING. It can be done. I'm on my way to reaching my goal of being healthy, and I don't ever want to go back. Ever.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! We've been doing that too and it really does work! Go figure! With all the fad diets out there and quick fixes nothing works as well as good ole fashioned moderation and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my guest post at MMB. Thought I would see what your little corner of the world is about. Looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great! i didn't know ones that worked actually existed haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I felt when I started the South Beach diet. What?? If I eat healthy and exercise I can actually lose weight? ME?? It's like you know it, but don't want to do it, and when you finally do you can't believe you went so long NOT doing it! That's how I was, anyway.
    So congrats, way to go, and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I like what you said about treating treats like treats (uh, did that make sense?) It's not nearly so discouraging that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome! i love progress! I'm trying to eat healthier, i read a great article about spending more of your food budget on fresh foods and i stress to spend 4 bucks on berries but then i'll spend it on ritz because it will go further or something. . . of course it's good to get a good deal and to watch your money but that doesn't mean forgoing fruits and veggies. good job on your hard work, i'm glad it's paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! I learned the same thing a couple of years back. And, I'm so glad I know now!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!