I am NOT going to have a cake today, I am going to have Cheesecake. (That's what I've requested at least, and the hubby better pull through!!! Just kidding, hun, I love you, but really, that's what I want.)
I am NOT who I was six months ago. I am discovering who I am, and I am embracing that.
I am NOT blind in adoption anymore. I am no longer seeing adoption through my own eyes, I have found whole new sets of eyes (more to come on that later). Adoption is not what I thought it was 3 years ago, it is more.
I am NOT ungrateful for what I have. I cherish my family: Matt, Jackson, and Clarissa. If that's all I ever have in this life, then I accept.
I am NOT a plus size 24 anymore or EVER AGAIN! I haven't been a 24 in over a year, but I refuse to have my dress size grow with my age. In fact, it better keep shrinking for a while.
I am NOT silent anymore. I am learning how to use my voice, no matter how painful it is for me. In many ways, silence cuts deeper than the words that would heal.
I am NOT a quitter. I have found the more you endure and push through, the stronger you get.
I am NOT alone. Sometimes it takes pulling away to realize the support you have. The key is to not let go of the rope that they are supporting you with. You hold tight and pull yourself back in. If you let go of the rope, they let go because they see you don't want it.
The biggest thing I've discovered this year: 29 is not the end, it is only the beginning. I'm so excited to be 30 -- now I feel all "growed" up!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday ! I had a lot of fun in my 20's but I have really enjoyed the almost 2 years that I am into my 30's...its nice to know I have grown up, feel more settled and more secure in my own skin :) You are going to love your 30's !!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I love the way you are looking at 30!! I agree, it is great to embrace who you are and not who people want you to be! And for the record, you are looking really good!! Keep up the hard work!
ReplyDeleteLeMira, you're the best! Keep it up! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! : )
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday LeMira!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Happy Birthday! I too am excited to be 30 (just a few more weeks). I am ready to let the 20's go and for some reason, I feel like I am finally finding out who I am. I hope you get some cheesecake tonight! (Oh, and you look fantastic in your picture!)
ReplyDelete30 is wonderful! I think being 20-something is way over rated. Happy Birthday! We can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou rock! :) Happy Birthday you young thing! :) Love you. :) Sheyann
ReplyDeleteAs a much wiser 32 year old (that was a big joke), you've got it right. Accept things and you will be happier. I used to fight everything... my situation in life, growing older, etc. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I'm also joining you at 30 in a few weeks, and I'm excited! Also, I love these bold statements. I think it's awesome that you're defining who you are and not letting someone else do it for you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the cheesecake!
Happy Birthday! Thanks for commenting on my blog and leading me to yours. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.
ReplyDelete30. Wow! I barely remember turning 30! And that's a good thing, because I've discovered so much since then - about myself, the people I love, people I don't know, and what really matters in this life - that snuggling in "the now" is my favorite place to be.
Best wishes for a year of discovery!!!
Hadn't visited in a little while - love this post. Not just because of your birthday but because of the strength and positivity that shines through!
ReplyDeleteBelated happy birthday and hope this is THE year - what a gift that would be!
:) Susan