Now, on to the beach!
Lest you be confused, Washington is not known for its white sandy beaches. You are lucky if you find sand on the beach! Jackson didn't care, he immediately stripped off his shoes and socks and ran into the chilly water. His cousins, who rarely go into the water, quickly followed!


And yes, Matt took a picture of me, and yes, I'm still trying to "like" this picture or any picture of me. . .
And at the beach, there weren't any fun star fish or very unbroken sea shells, but there were some "treasures."
Yes, these are barnacles; these are what all of the billboards in Utah say when they mean to clean off the "hitchhikers." (I'm sure I don't have that exactly right, but it's along those lines.)
This is kelp. Nasty, gross, but somehow interesting to step on and break stuff. Still gross.
The hike back to the car was when I got the camera, and to be honest, I don't mind Matt taking pictures one bit - he's better at it! The funny thing about the picture below is that my niece really wanted to ride in the stroller until we got to the steep hill. She wanted to hike that, and then she hopped back in the stroller.
And one more of Baby because she's just too darn cute!










What great pictures! Baby is a cutie-pie!
ReplyDeleteSo the cousins waded in the chilly water because Jackson waded...sort of like people who never do touristy things in their own town until relatives arrive..
ReplyDeleteThat baby is so adorable!