Our overnight stop was in Richland, WA, where Matt's grandparents live. Jackson settled right in and unexpectedly pulled out his scriptures to read at the table.
It was good to spend the night with them and see Grandpa. He's been struggling with some health issues, and so we were happy to go give him a big squeeze. Uncle Scott and Aunt Carolyn and Aunt Marie were there, too. They shared stories about when they were young and some fun Christmas stories and traditions about Matt's dad! (Oh, the things we parents do to not reveal Santa's Secrets and to keep our kids from switching presents!) I love that Matt's grandparents are still alive. I only have one grandma still living, and I never got to meet either of my grandpas. It's visits like these that remind me how important family history and our heritages are. Those links are so important.
(Earl - Grandpa, Jackson, Matt, Rayola - Grandma)
After Grandpa went to bed, Jackson introduced Great Grandma to Cindy and Mrs. Stiller.
Matt's grandpa served in the temple presidency (as a counselor and then as president) for the Columbia River Temple for several years. Since we didn't have a service to attend that day (because they were all either too early to or too late), we drove to the temple and took pictures.
And while Matt and I enjoyed the grounds (Matt taking pictures and me finding things for Matt to capture), Jackson entertained the traffic with his tricks and animal impersonations!







I'm glad you guys got to see the temple. Grandma tried verbally giving us directions, and we couldn't remember them. :(
ReplyDelete