Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our Christmas Tree

Our Christmas decorating plans started last year after Christmas.  When we went shopping for Christmas clearance items, like we do every year, Matt shared that he'd like to have a decorative "themed" tree instead of one with all our random ornaments.  Since we already had some blue and silver ornaments from many years past that we've kept, but not used in a while, we decided to stick with that idea.  We spent some of our clearance money on blue and silver decorations for our tree this year.

We set up the Christmas tree last weekend but did not decorate it since I knew I needed to get out our color coordinated stuff.  Jackson has been begging and begging to decorate the tree.  I kept putting it off, thinking that I needed to do the decorating to get it "right," and then I realized that he can still hang ornaments since it's all silver and blue, it doesn't matter the order, and he'd save me some work if he just did it all.

Well, I let him go at it after I put on the garland, and I gave him a little bit of advice after noticing that he was hanging all of the ornaments at his eye level.  I pointed to the bottom of the tree and said, "It's okay to put some there," and then I added, "and don't forget to put some on the back and other side of the tree."  The good news is that Jackson DID follow my advice.   The bad news is that he didn't follow all of it, and that (as Matt put it) our ornaments appeared to be reproducing in one area.



 I have since redistributed the ornaments around the ENTIRE tree - just as a precaution, mind you.  I don't need the tree falling over!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun to have helpers--even if they are sometimes more 'help' than you had planned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blue and silver ornaments are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!