How do you know when it is time to change your direction? How do you know when to move on and leave behind something noble, something wonderful, something good? How do you tell if this something is right for you or not? For which answers do you look?
How do you know?
You know how you'll know. You wear your knees out of your pants kneeling in prayer, you go to the temple, and you'll get the answer. Sometimes it is a "yes," sometimes it is a "no," and sometimes, He gives us opportunity to choose one pathway of two good options to practice making choices.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't make it an easy process! I love you much and you are, as always, in my thoughts and prayers!
I know that my decision to shut down my business came after a few months of wondering and praying about what I should do and three times getting the feeling that I shut just let it go and focus my energies elsewhere. Hope you find the answers you need.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post and question!! Sometimes I think you won't know you just go & do and hope in the end you made the right choice. And maybe if you have to question yourself than your not ready to change, anyhoo I hope you get the answers you're looking for. Love Ya, you were a great roomy! I will never forget how sweet and thoughtful you were to me, you are a great person!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with MommyRN. You can also wear out the knees of your heart kneeling in prayer. When lots of other possibilities, activities, concerns start swooping in and taking over the spaces previously dedicated to one goal, it is time to look at the options. And I have noticed that very very small still voice doesn't get much louder when the choice is Really up to me.
ReplyDeleteDeep breathing, blowing out through the lips-smell the roses, blow out the candles, helps clear the thoughts.
With Love!
When a thought just keeps coming to my mind all day long over and over and I can't shake it and the more I think of it the more it feels like a part of me. When I'm praying about it it's as real as ever, instead of flying away and coming back only when I'm daydreaming. And then when I decide to do something about it it's more of a relief than a crazy or scary decision, no matter how crazy or scary it should be.
ReplyDeleteIs that what you were looking for? Because you're good at stuff like this, you know- deep stuff.
I ask myself the same questions everyday. Just as long as you don't move on without me were all good!
ReplyDeleteFor me, PRAYING is the relatively easy part, it's taking the time to LISTEN and ACT that's harder. I also agree with what other commentors have said- if a thought or thoughts keep coming to your mind over and over again, don't ignore it but explore the possibilities.
ReplyDelete