A couple of days ago, Jackson grabbed a piece of paper and began drawing a picture. He narrated it to me, just a bit.
"I'm drawing a boy and a girl," he said. When he held up the picture, he had circled the girl and then crossed her out.
"Why is the girl crossed out?" I asked.
"Because girls aren't allowed in my room. Only boys."
Interesting, I thought. "Where'd you get that idea?" Since most of his ideas come from Curious George, I assumed he'd seen it on the show or something.
"Me. All by myself."
Nice.
Later on in the evening, I wanted him to show his dad because I thought it was hilarious, and because he'd hung it on the fridge. As Jackson explained to Matt about the sign, he said, "No big womens are allowed to come into my room, only little womens. Not big ones."
I turned my head and tried very hard not to laugh. "And am I a big womens or a little womens?" I asked.
Apparently my question wasn't worthy of an answer. Perhaps he assumed that I should know that answer for myself.

Are there any "big womens" at his school?
ReplyDeleteThat is so great!!! Isaac has decided that Micah needs to move out of his room because he likes to play with dolls. "No one who likes dolls can sleep in this room. We need to move his bed!"
ReplyDeletePoor Micah just wanted to play with a dora doll that his cousins gave him. Boys are great!