Friday, February 18, 2011

(Not My) Thoughts on Life

I've been really contemplative since I got up this morning, and so I searched for "thoughts about life."  Here are some of the ones that really hit home with my mood.



Living involves tearing up one rough draft after another.  ~Author Unknown

My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.  ~Louis Adamic



Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.  ~George Bernard Shaw, The Doctor's Dilemma, 1906


'Tis all a chequer board of nights and days,
Where destiny with men for pieces plays;
Hither and thither, and mates, and slays.

~Edward Fitzgerald, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyám, 1859





Life is not a final.  It's daily pop quizzes.  ~Author Unknown


To succeed in life, you need three things:  a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.  ~Reba McEntire


And my three favorite this morning:



All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.  ~Havelock Ellis


God asks no man whether he will accept life.  That is not the choice.  You must take it.  The only question is how.  ~Henry Ward Beecher

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life.  It goes on.  ~Robert Frost 

2 comments:

Let us know what you are thinking!