A very good friend asked if I would share my testimony of Jesus Christ as it relates to Easter and Clarissa in a few sentences for her children's music lesson in church. I want to share it here today because my heart is full as it always is on this Day of Hope.
Easter has become my favorite holiday because of its meaning. Over five years ago, I had a baby girl who was born too small to live for more than a few minutes because she was born so early. She was one pound and the size of a small baby doll. She was the most precious thing I ever held. When she was born, I knew she wouldn't live for very long, and that broke my heart. After she died, I was the saddest I had ever been. Only one truth gave me comfort. That truth is the resurrection.
Over 2000 years ago another baby was born. He grew to be a man, and he suffered for our sins, our pains and our sorrows, and then he died for us. Three days after he died, he conquered death by being resurrected. This gift is given to all of us. I know that one day my little girl will be resurrected and that she, too, will conquer death because Jesus Christ did. One day my little girl will live again, and she will be able to be reunited with her body again. I will get to hold her and be her mommy again if I keep my covenants. Easter means hope. Easter reminds me that we will live again and be reunited with those we love. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that he loves us, and that he lived and died for all of us. I bear my testimony of him that He lives again. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
This is very beautiful, LeMira.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderfully said. I love "Easter means hope."
ReplyDeleteLeMira, you rock! Thanks for those words.
ReplyDelete