There is such a thing as being too public, and I'm realizing that. There is such a thing as too much and too many. I'm trying to figure out how to best pull back and be more private. The whole world doesn't need to have access to my life (via Blogger and Facebook). . .hmm. . .any ideas or motivation to help me do this?
If you figure it out, let me know. I've seriously wished our family blog could be private for a long time, but I wrestle with the idea lot. "If I close it, a special someone won't be able to get to know us...If I leave it open, too many people are seeing/reading it!"
ReplyDeleteMy solution was to have a private family blog and a public blog for my writing. That way I could share personal things with just my friends. Keeping up two blogs has been kind of tough though, so I'm limiting it now to just the family blog and Twitter to communicate with writing friends.
ReplyDeleteI tried Facebook for a few months and found that it just didn't work for me. It's not private enough to be private (I felt guilty ignoring people who really were my friends, but not close friends) and not public enough to be public (friends and family tagging pictures of me with my kids made me uncomfortable if more casual friends would be reading).
I don't know. It's a tough balance. I love your blog though! I think it's a great mix of personal and public here and I'd be sad to see either part of that go.
Hmmmm.... I like your thoughts Natalie.
ReplyDelete