I have not been great at keeping you all updated on Jackson's sunflowers. Well, they're growing quite well, actually. Take a peek for yourself.
Jackson's actually impressed that a couple of them are almost as tall as he is. The best thing about this garden is that it's his. When I remind him, he will actually weed it -- especially if I'm out there with him. I find that it's definitely worth it to me to get him to do something he doesn't like to do for something he does want.
And don't worry, we were actually in the process of weeding them when I paused and made him pose for a few pictures.


wow. yours are much taller than mine and mine self seeded!
ReplyDeleteJust look at how tall those are! In no time at all they will be over his head! Jack and the Beanstalk will become real!
ReplyDeleteHOw Fun Is That!?! I killed the one Kyle brought home from school! So you've got a green thumb for sure!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool! They're huge! We've been slacking on our garden this year so I'm jealous of your awesome sunflowers (and your child who will actually help weed the garden!)
ReplyDeleteI think that's a great idea. I should get my kiddos to grow something!
ReplyDelete