On the spur of the moment, we decided to hike the Y to watch the fireworks on Saturday. Jackson was so excited, he practically ran up the mountain. I, on the other hand, took my time and enjoyed the shade a while.
Yeah, I made him look into the sun for a picture.
Jackson enjoyed making his mother crazy nervous by hiking/climbing all over the "Y."
There's the temple!
And to prove that I was there and made it, here's my self-portrait. Yes, my face was really that red, and yes, I realize just how lovely I look. In good news, it only took me 45 minutes this time to hike the 1.06 miles. Last time, it took me 55 minutes. If you want to remember that post, it's here: Tough Enough
We enjoyed watching the sunset while waiting for the fireworks.
We sat for an hour and a half before the show started, and Jackson got tired and was ready to go home, but we waited it out and watched the fireworks. It was pretty neat to watch them from so high up.
And now we're all so tired from such a long day! (I would post a picture of my husband asleep on the couch, but he wouldn't really appreciate it.)






Looks like a great time!
ReplyDeleteYou don't very red to me. Congratulations on the shorter time!
ReplyDeleteOk, that's "LOOK very red to me" sorry about leaving out a word. Will there be pictures of fireworks?
ReplyDeleteNo, Matt didn't take his nice camera this time, but we are going to try something neat with sparklers tonight -- may or may not turn out.
ReplyDelete