Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Carving: October 26, 2011

 Before:  Yes, of course, he's bored.  He's not doing anything yet. 


Oh, now he's doing something. . . he said I had to take a picture of him picking his nose.  Yup, he's seven!

Jackson wanted to help cut open the pumpkin, but his mean father wouldn't let him go near the large slicing knife.  A grateful mom and ten-still-attached fingers thank you, Daddy.

He was willing to try to scoop out the goop, but only with a spoon.  Since he was doing it three seeds at a time, Mommy took over.

 I love the picture below because you can see the face he originally drew and then crossed out because I told him that it was too small.  In the picture he's cutting out one of the eyes.

The finished Jack-O-Lanterns:  Daddy's on the left, Jackson's on the right. 

If you look carefully on Jackson's pumpkin on the left side of his face, you'll notice a strange small glowing spot.  That was from the other "smile" that Jackson drew and sliced.  He didn't cut out a "puzzle piece," but he cut the smile.  I love how it made it look like his pumpkin had a scar on its face.

Again, Jackson's favorite part of the carving was taking out the "puzzle pieces" and putting them back in again.  I had to remind him that he had to leave them out when we put the candle in, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the face.

Oh, and Cole slept through the whole event this year.  

1 comment:

  1. It is Jackson's pumpkin face that is the best! It looks really friendly, but scary!
    The word code is 'wooido'!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!