Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just a Thought

Our open adoption is not everything I've ever read about on blogs.
It is not the fantasy I was led to believe it would be if I did everything just right.

Our open adoption is ours.
I'm embracing the journey it is for our family.
And I'm grateful for it.

We are two completely different worlds,
strangers,
joined by one heart,
and we are coming together in a way that I only hoped would be possible.
It's not easy for any of us, but we are doing it.


And, yes, it is wonderful.
Open adoption can work.

Open adoption is a reality.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you all love and a smooch for the boy who started it all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LOVE this and I'm so happy for all of you! <3 Adoption, like life, is what you make it. Delighted to hear you are making it into something beautiful for everyone involved. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!