This completely random and obscure poem is brought you today by my Sixth Grade Self.
Is It True?
By: LeMira K.
Is it true that you, the girl with long, blonde hair, are going to decide which one of them to choose?
What do you mean?
Is it true that you, the girl who dreams of unbelievable things, are going to choose who is in the parade?
Yes.
Is it true that you, the girl with the wrinkled skin, are going to spend time with me? Is it true?
Yes.
I knew it! I knew it!
I told you so, Fred!
The thing that just kills me with these poems is that I get SO CLOSE to the mark in having a great poem with a good title and a few really visual lines, and then I lose it. I mean, it turns very boring and dumb. This poem, though, is very revealing about who I was in sixth grade. I was searching for who I was, and I ended being more of a class clown than anything. Sixth grade, though, was by FAR my favorite grade with my favorite teacher. Sixth grade was when I was dubbed "Lem" by my teacher, (which by the way, only a select few -- my brothers-- are allowed to call me anymore without repercussions).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know what you are thinking!