Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween and a Milestone!

 In true Jackson-form, he decided last year that he was going to be a penguin, and so I made his costume for him.  He LOVED it!  He claimed he was Rico from the movie Madagascar


I found this cute monkey costume at a yard sale for Cole.  It fit him perfectly.  However, I wonder why I took him trick-or-treating?  Really, he didn't care much.  He, however, loves candy, and wanted that, but didn't quite understand what was happening.

Cole's birth mom really wanted to come spend Halloween with us, so she did!  She walked around our neighborhood with us pulling the wagon for Cole and having a grand time.  Just before she came, Cole decided he was going to walk!  This video is of his third attempt to walk more than 2 steps.  He is suddenly confident.  We are so excited that his momma got to see his first real steps!  He couldn't have picked a better day.

As a side-note, when Cole saw his birth mom today, he squealed and waved enthusiastically at her.  Melt my heart!

4 comments:

  1. SO SWEET!!!! I'm glad she got to see him. He did it!!! Did he use the chair to get up again and try again? It is so funny when they start leaning and they walk FASTER to keep their feet under them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! He's a FAST little guy! It's like he went from speed crawling to running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it Jackson was worried because Cole was heading for his candy at a fast crawl!
    Walking upright on two legs! Such a big smile!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you are thinking!